|Year(s) Listed: • 1999|
|City/Town: • Lawrence|
|Location Class: • School|
|Built: 1955 | Year Saved: N/A|
|Awards: • Honor Award|
|Contributor: Kansas Preservation Alliance|
Hoch Auditorium was a 5,500-seat multi-purpose arena on the same site. It featured traditional Collegiate Gothic architecture on the exterior, with a full performance hall inside. A basketball court could be placed parallel to the stage and temporary seating placed on the stage, behind the benches on the floor. The Auditorium was named for Edward W. Hoch, 17th Governor of Kansas, member of the Board of Regents, and University supporter. It was home to the Kansas Jayhawks basketball teams until Allen Fieldhouse opened in 1955.