|Year(s) Listed: • 2021|
|City/Town: • Manhattan|
|Location Class: • Government|
|Built: 1905 | Year Saved: ~2020|
|Awards: • Merit Award|
|Contributor: Kansas Preservation Alliance|
The building was completely renovated to its current footprint in 1905 by the Stringley Brothers. The expansion created a number of office spaces that were occupied by various professionals over the years; these included doctors, dentists, realtors, and attorneys. When the bank moved into new facilities at 7th and Poyntz in the 1970’s, this building was converted to retail on the ground floor. The upper floor was converted to rental office space and remains in this function today.
The proposed project was focused largely on a historic rehabilitation of the 1905 building including window replacement.