Awards of Excellence:
Building 102

Year(s) Listed:
Location Class:
Built: 1859 | Year Saved: ~2018
Contributor: Kansas Preservation Alliance

Built as workshops for the Leavenworth Arsenal c.1859, Building 102 served a utilitarian function for its first 40 years and is a contributing structure to the Fort Leavenworth National Landmark District. Upon closure of the arsenal in 1874, Building 102 served as workshops – such as blacksmith and machine shops – and later storerooms for the Quartermaster Depot into the early 20th century. Reuse of this building focused on retention and preservation of those materials, features, finishes, spaces, and spatial relationships that portray the building in its first non-utilitarian use as an open barracks.

Copyright © 2022- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer