The Parkhurst Davis Mercantile Building anchors the south end of the small Mill Block Historic District in Topeka, KS. The building stands on the site of Topeka’s first cabin constructed in December 1854, as indicated on a cornerstone dedicated by the Topeka chapter of the D.A.R. and inscribed “This building marks the site of the first cabin in Topeka where the town company was organized. Dec. 5, 1854”. On the building interior the two lower levels have been transformed to a main entry, community room and office space on the first floor with parking on both the first and lower levels. Floors two, three and four have been fully built out into a total of 33 loft style apartments.