|Year(s) Listed: • 2002|
|City/Town: • Atchison|
|Location Class: • Residential|
|Built: 1893 | Year Saved: (2001)|
|Awards: • Honor Award|
|Contributor: Kansas Preservation Alliance|
This 108 year old building first served as a monastery for Benedictine monks and later as a residence hall for college freshmen. Vacant for thirty years, the building reopened in August of 2001 as a residence hall for upperclassmen following extensive rehabilitation. Architects of the project was Treanor Architects of Lawrence and J.E. Dunn Construction of Kansas City were the general contractors. The project was nominated by the Atchison Preservation Alliance.