|Year(s) Listed: • 1997|
|City/Town: • Emporia|
|Location Class: • Railroad|
|Built: 1882, 1925 | Abandoned: N/A|
|Status: • Demolished (2000) • Burned Down|
|Contributor: Kansas Preservation Alliance|
Photo by Richard Hitchcock
It was originally build of limestone in 1882 in the Romanesque style. In 1925-26 the building had two wings added on in the Tudor Revival style of brick and half timbering. In the past few years suggestions have been made to use the building as a railroad museum or community center, but so far efforts have been unsuccessful. The building which is vacant is deteriorating.