|Year(s) Listed: • 1998|
|City/Town: • Osborne|
|Location Class: • Government|
|Built: 1913 | Abandoned:|
|Historic Designation: • National Register of Historic Places (06-25-1987)|
|Status: • Saved|
|Contributor: Kansas Preservation Alliance|
Photo by: By Ammodramus – Own work, CC0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=35626813
It is Classical Revival in style, and is a one-story ted brick building built upon a raised limestone block foundation. It has a ridge hipped roof with its “original pantiles and ridge caps.” It is 46 by 32 feet (14.0 m × 9.8 m) in plan, not including its projecting entryway flanked by two Ionic columns.
It served as the town’s public library from 1912 to 1995, and later, including in 2022, has served as a regional history and genealogical library operated by the Osborne County Genealogical and Historical Society.